January 21st, 2007 by Geoff Thomsen
The post I wrote about resources for racquetball videos seemed to be pretty popular, so I though I’d follow up with some info about racquetball photography as well. Of course the Double Donut Studios Racquetball Blog is *the* premiere source for racquetball photos , but there are some other good links available as well.
Double Donut Studios is the official Racquetball Blog of photographer, Geoff Thomsen. Geoff covers many events for USA Racquetball / Racquetball Magazine, including: National Singles, National Doubles, and the US OPEN Racquetball Championships. Geoff also covers several local events such as the NW Regionals. The Blog portion of the website features ongoing coverage of the Men’s and Women’s Pro tours, national events such as the USA Racquetball National Singles and Doubles championships, the International Racquetball Federation, and any other national / world event news. Automatic updates for news items on this site can be retrieved by adding the RSS feed address into your favorite feed reader. The racquetball photo galleries for Double Donut are:
- Main Racquetball Photo Gallery (new)
- This is the upgraded photo gallery for Double Donut Studios. All new event coverage will be posted here, and eventually, all of the old events will be migrated. Unfortunately, it is going to take a significant amount of time to move the thousands of photos, but it will eventually happen.
- Archive Racquetball Photo Gallery (archive)
- This is the original hosting spot for the photos on Double Donut. There are photos from MANY events on this site, which date back to May of 2004. Included are USA Racquetball National Events, US OPEN, Pro Exhibitions, and events local to Portland, OR.
- High Resolution Racquetball Wallpapers (hi-res wallpaper)
- Once upon a time, I had enough free time on my hands to slice and dice some of photos on my site into some cool graphic designs. This type of work is alot of fun, and one of these days when I have some free time again, I’ll post more. When will that be? Who knows.
A while back I made a post regarding a racquetball photo group which I created on Flickr. So far, there hasn’t been alot of new posts from other people taking photos of racquetball – which I guess is understandable due to the challenges in taking good pictures. I have a goal to post a short how-to guide in near future, and I’m hoping it will motivate some enthusiasts to start bringing their shiny new DSLRs to the club with them. It’s nice to have something to do while waiting for your turn on the challenge court
Ken Fife has done a great job covering local events around the Commonwealth of Virginia. He has professional gear, and has some excellent shots from several recent events. Ken is in the process of posted a lengthy tutorial, which seems to be geared toward currently seasoned photographers wanting to hone their skills for the racquetball court (link coming when available).
Feel free to leave any other good racquetball photo / racquetball photography links in the comments!!
No related posts.